SMP – (Scalp Micropigmentation) is a non-surgical procedure, suitable for both men and women. It involves the introduction of pigment under the scalp with a needle. This non-invasive procedure is designed to create the illusion of a natural hair follicle. This method guarantees an excellent camouflage of the problem created by the partial or total hair loss on the scalp. It also applies to conditions like alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, and trichotillomania.
Who is the treatment intended for?
Anyone who does not have the below-mentioned contraindications can undergo this procedure. A person who feels unattractive due to their hair loss can greatly benefit from SMP to boost their confidence and feel attractive again.
How much does the procedure cost?
The cost of the treatment starts from PLN 1500
Why is the specialist unable to give the exact quotation?
How long does the procedure take?
The duration of the procedure depends on the level of hair loss and pigmented area. It is required to undergo 3 sessions, which are performed at least every 2-3 weeks. The effect can last up to 10 years. However, it is advised to refresh the effect of micropigmentation by performing a single session every 18 months to 3 years.
Benefits of the treatment
- painless, non-invasive
- suitable for different types of alopecia/hair loss/hair thinning
- short recovery period
- improving appearance and self-acceptance
- natural effect visible immediately after the treatment
Contraindications to the procedure
- decreased immunity
- fresh wounds/skin damage
- pregnancy and lactation
- allergy to pigments
- skin diseases (e.g. psoriasis)
- widespread moles, keloids
Requiring medical consultation
- taking medicines (anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, sedative, sleep-inducing, anticoagulant)
- heart arrhythmia
1) If you are immunocompromised, the procedure cannot be performed.
2) If you have cancer and you are undergoing e.g. chemotherapy, we have to wait until you are in remission.
3) Herpes virus, herpes zoster, fungal infections, or sunburn must be cured before the procedure.
4) If you have recently undergone plastic surgery or transplant – we will discuss at the consultation when we can start the treatment at the earliest. Due to health reasons, it cannot happen too soon.
How does it work?
- predrawing of the hairline and the side profile
- scheduling a date + treatment quotation
- first treatment session
- second treatment session
- giving the final shape
- third treatment session
- completing the process
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours before the procedure
- Do not drink coffee or energy drinks for 8h before the procedure
- Avoid tanning the scalp for at least 7 days before the procedure
- Be in good health
- Wash your hair/ scalp with a mild shampoo
- Do not take any painkillers for 12 hours before the procedure
- Do not perform any cosmetic procedures interfering with the epidermis for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Inform of any changes to the scalp during the consultation or before the procedure
- Perform an enzyme scalp exfoliation about 7 days before the procedure
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours after the procedure
- Avoid water on the scalp for 4 days after the procedure (do not wash your hair/scalp)
- Avoid sweating for 4 days after the procedure
- Do not apply any hair styling products for at least 4 days after the procedure
- For scalp hygiene, use products recommended by the specialist performing the treatment
- Do not sunbathe the scalp for at least 14 days after the procedure
- Do not use the sauna and do not swim in the pool or lake for 14 days after the treatment